Ben joined Ebenezer in September 2016 as assistant pastor. As a teenager he was inspired by Indiana Jones and decided to study archaeology at the University of Leicester. After that he worked for UCCF, IFES, Friends International and a church in the east end of London before becoming a primary school teacher. Ben and his wife have three children.
Jonathan and his wife Helen have been members of Ebenezer since moving to the area in 1985. Recently retired, Jonathan has picked up more responsibilities in church family life whilst still finding the time to enjoy playing the sax and escaping to the golf course! Jonathan became an elder in 2009.
Jon and his wife Gwen have been a part of Ebenezer Church family since moving to the area with his work in 2007. He now serves on the Elder’s Team. Jon and Gwen have 4 children which keeps them busy!
Mae Jon a Gwen wedi bod yn rhan o deulu eglwys ebenezer ers 2007 pan symudon nhw i’r ardal gyda gwaith Jon. Mae Jon ar hyn o bryd yn gwasanaethu ar dim yr henuriaid. Mae ganddynt 4 o blant sy’n cadw nhw’n ddigon prysur!
Chair of the Deacons
Andrew is responsible for chairing the deacons and overseeing the smooth running of Sunday services amongst other things! He enjoys his fantasty football league, escapes with the caravan and relaxing to Rend Collective with wife Emma and 3 children - That’s in the rare moments they get to relax!
Alison is the deacon responsible for helping us with our missionary support locally, regionally and abroad. Alison teaches regularly in the Junior Church and is part of the pastoral care team too.
James loves most sports, but growing up in Northern Ireland and Bradford has meant he doesn’t support any particular teams and feels a bit of a nomad when asked where he’s from! Enjoys drumming, piano and guitar and generally keeping busy with lots of mini projects.
Responsible for Finance
- Developing financial budgets to meet church priorities.
- Communication of finances to Managing Trustees and members.
- Book keeping/accounting in line with legal requirements.
- Processing of church expenditure in line with agreed processes.
Responsible for the Facilities and Church Secretary
- Repairs and maintenance to the church building
- Maintenance of church equipment including Copyright Licenses and Health & Safety requirements.
- Responsible for ‘Events Team’.
- Management of the membership list, minutes, meetings and actions
- The churches Data Protection lead
Responsible for Audio & Visual
- Responsible for the technical set up and maintenance of audio (mics, speakers etc) and visual (projector, laptops, website).
- Ensuring that rotas in place and working to support church services and other key events.
- Replacement or introduction of necessary audio or visual equipment.
Trainee supporting our church plant, Grace Church Buckley
Mike is supporting our new church plant in Buckley and attending the North West Partnership. Outside of this and busy family life with Rachel and the kids, he enjoys playing the guitar and has an acquired taste in Christian Metal music including “relaxing” to the band Red!
Anne works as an administrator supporting the church to help us be more organised! She’s involved in everything from notices to communication of the upcoming programme of events, minutes of church meetings and much more. Juggled with my other interests and work, Anne enjoys speaking German in the rare chances she gets, and writing and singing her own music.
Women’s Pastoral Worker
Moira has been a member of Ebs for a number of years. In 2018 she took the new position of Women’s Pastoral Worker providing pastoral care and discipling for the women in the church -helping us move from relying on a few individuals who do a lot of caring, to a church culture where we all care for and disciple each other. Moira leads our Pastoral Care team. She’s completed two years of a Biblical Counselling course and hopes to finish it in 2020. Moira was previously actively involved in the Street Pastors work in Chester.