John joined Ebenezer in September 2007 as co-pastor. Prior to this John worked for UCCF for 4 years with Christian Unions in North Wales - rather a change from his previous career as an accountant. As well as Preaching John is currently responsible for various pastoral duties, and looks after the small groups in the church - including home Bible study groups, Christianity Explored and baptism classes. John and his wife Katherine have three children.
Ben joined Ebenezer in September 2016 as assistant pastor. As a teenager he was inspired by Indiana Jones and decided to study archaeology at the University of Leicester. After that he worked for UCCF, IFES, Friends International and a church in the east end of London before becoming a primary school teacher. Ben now supports John with preaching and pastoral duties and in particular he is responsible for the children, youth and family work in the church. Ben and his wife have three children.
Jonathan and his wife Helen have been members of Ebenezer since moving to the area in 1985. He works in vaccine manufacturing, and enjoys making music and playing golf. Jonathan became an elder in 2009.
Matt was born in Tredegar and moved to Mold and to Ebenezer church when he was six. He moved away to study and later returned to the church with his family in 1990. Matt’s a keen Snowboarder and has recently taken up cycling.. He’s a proud supporter of the Cardiff Blues Rugby team following in the footsteps of his mum and grandfather who were also Cardiff rugby club supporters. Matt is involved in youth work in the church as well as supporting other areas of church life. He also supports the wider church by preaching locally and further afield...wherever there is a need.
Jon and his wife Gwen have been a part of Ebenezer Church family since moving to the area with his work in 2007. He now serves on the Elder’s Team. Jon and Gwen have 4 children which keeps them busy!
Mae Jon a Gwen wedi bod yn rhan o deulu eglwys ebenezer ers 2007 pan symudon nhw i’r ardal gyda gwaith Jon. Mae Jon ar hyn o bryd yn gwasanaethu ar dim yr henuriaid. Mae ganddynt 4 o blant sy’n cadw nhw’n ddigon prysur!
Chair of the Deacons
James loves most sports, but growing up in Northern Ireland and Bradford has meant he doesn’t support any particular teams and feels a bit of a nomad when asked where he’s from! Enjoys drumming, piano and guitar and generally keeping busy with lots of mini projects.
Responsible for Finance
- Developing financial budgets to meet church priorities.
- Communication of finances to Managing Trustees and members.
- Book keeping/accounting in line with legal requirements.
- Processing of church expenditure in line with agreed processes.
Responsible for the Facilities
- Repairs and maintenance to the church building
- Maintenance of church equipment including Copyright Licenses and Health & Safety requirements.
- Responsible for ‘Events Team’.
Responsible for Audio & Visual
- Responsible for the technical set up and maintenance of audio (mics, speakers etc) and visual (projector, laptops, website).
- Ensuring that rotas in place and working to support church services and other key events.
- Replacement or introduction of necessary audio or visual equipment.